If you have not made it in life yet, let me give you a free advice on increasing visibility. You need to be more visible on the relevant WhatsApp groups you belong to.
Notice I said “relevant”. If you can get knowledge and increase your network through a group, it is relevant to you, and it is important for you to see that opportunity to always put yourself forward as someone who can help in the field you are.
Being visible in a WhatsApp group goes beyond just commenting on any and every topic there. It is providing genuine answers to the questions someone else might have.
Let’s say someone in a WhatsApp group asks a question about writing or editing a book, no matter how busy I am, I will take the time to answer. It is my field and I have the knowledge that person needs for that period.
When you share your knowledge or opinions in a constructive manner, these things happen:
1. You gradually positively shape the perceptions that people have of you (your name, as the case is now). People always form opinions about others. It is good to be in charge of what people see you as when it comes to your personal brand.
2. You make it easy for people to trust your personal brand enough for them to reach out to you when they want to pay for a solution, or recommend you to someone who can pay you.
3. You build goodwill. People are naturally attracted to people who seem to KNOW and who also GIVE what they know.
4. You attract like minds. I can tell if I want to connect with this person sometime in the future based on what they share. If we are like-minded, it means we probably will be able to network well and work together sometime the future.
So, my dear. I know you are shy (and other fantabulous stories) but if that group is relevant to you, your career and your business, you need to stop hiding in it. You need to stop eating and drinking what other people say without you contributing.
It will not do you, your personal brand or your business any good. Change! You don’t know how many opportunities are passing you by just because you are invisible.
The Miss Universe-Greatest Celebration of Women
-SOFIE ZERUTO The Miss Universe Organization is a global, inclusive of organizations that celebrates all cultures, backgrounds and religions. It creates and provide a safe space for women to share their stories and drive impact personally, professionally, and philanthropically. The women who participate in this…
All Africa Music Awards; Categories and Regions
-MUSIC IN AFRICA All Africa Music Awards (also referred to as AFRIMA) is an annual awards event. The awards event was established by the International Committee AFRIMA, in collaboration with the African Union (AU) to reward and celebrate musical works, talents and creativity around the African continent while promoting…
African Acts And The Grammy Award
-FUMILAYO KANMODI African music is now getting much-deserved recognition, and talented stars have been rewarded for their hard work. One award many covet has always been the Grammy Award, and we have had African acts that have received the award. In our little way of…
Nigeria’s Former Jonathan Tells African Leaders To Put Humanity First
Joke Falaju, Abuja Bags African Heritage awardFormer President Goodluck Jonathan has urged African leaders privilege to hold public offices to become servants of the people, and not turn themselves into the “bosses of the people”.Jonathan stated this while receiving the African Democracy and Peace Icon…
The Risk And Reward Of ChatGPT In Cybersecurity
Juan is an experienced CTO with a demonstrated history of working in the computer and network security industry. He is an information technology professional skilled in SAP and Oracle applications, computer forensics, vulnerabilities research, IPS/IDS and information security. Unless you’ve been on a retreat in…
Explained – History Of Money From Fiat To Crypto
What is money? Money as a concept has been a cornerstone of human civilization and economic development. To start with the latter, money is a method of storing value and worth, and it also functions as a medium of exchange that allows individuals to exchange…
Studies Show That Nigerian Crypto Foreign Investment Is At A Record Low
Foreign direct investment in Nigeria fell by 33% last year due to a severe shortage of dollars, which discouraged crypto companies from expanding into the country. The largest economy in Africa has a foreign investment problem despite exponential growth in crypto adoption. The National Bureau…
Growing The Bitcoin Development Ecosystem In Africa
– Abubakar Nur Khalil | Bitcoin Magazine Bitcoin development in Africa, with a proper regulatory environment, could equally accelerate the continent and the technology. In this piece, we’ll be analyzing the current state of the Bitcoin developer ecosystem in Africa, ways to improve it and…